Re: OT Recording Question - Roland VS 840

Peter,
Check the 'input' setting for each of these tracks.  If I understand
what you are saying, you are getting a 'mix' of the 3 tracks on the 3rd
track, a mix of the first 2 tracks on the second track, and just the
first instrument on the first track.  This is symptomatic of you
recording the 'mix' on tracks 2 and 3 instead of a discreet input
channel, such as 'input 1'.  If this 840 is like the 880 you should be
able to got to 'shift' 'input' and scroll (via the shuttle wheel) to
'input 1' or 'input 2' for the channel that you want to record the
discreet input.
bret