Re: OT: gate-checking

I was told by the cargo folks at LAX that batteries are the particular
items
that trigger off the Concern Flag with the people who scan the x-ray
machines.  As it is with cargo, you have to remove ALL batteries from
whatever you're shipping, no matter what.  I didn't tell them about the
disk-battery in my PC of course, screw 'em.  But the 9V's are a sure-fire
trouble spot that the security people are trained to look for - and the
moment they see it, it's a @#$ bomb unless you can prove otherwise.

Funny thing though, my Digitech DDS 7.6 and the QuadraVerb were packed in
bubble wrap, in a duffle bag - and didn't even get opened.  No batteries,
folks.

Stephen Goodman
http://www.earthlight.net/Studios * The free Loop of the Week!
http://www.mp3.com/StephenGoodman * New MP3 Releases!