RE: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V00 #383

Hi Alex,

The Headrush doesn't actually have a manual, just an instruction sheet.
Most of it is identical to what you'll find on the Akaipro site (the
explanation of the controls and features, and a list of the technical
specs).

The actual instructions are short enough that I can give 'em to you right
here:

TAPE ECHO Basic Settings: (Blue-lettered controls)
Minimum delay time is 10ms, maximum delay time is 5.9 seconds (HEAD 1)
using TAP TEMPO.

1. Set the Mode Switch to TAPE ECHO.
2. Set the FEEDBACK, RATIO and HEADGAP controls to minimum.
3. Set the delay time by tapping the right hand footswitch twice. The delay
time is always set by the last two taps, so you can keep altering the tempo
if you want.

NORMAL DELAY Basic Settings: (Red-lettered controls)
Maximum delay time is 23.8 seconds using TAP TEMPO.

1. Set the Mode Switch to NORMAL DELAY.
2. (same as step 3 above)

(Black-lettered controls work in either mode)

LOOP RECORDING Basic Settings: (only uses the LEVEL control)
If you do not overdub, you can record and make a loop of up to 23.8
seconds. The recording time is 11.9 seconds when using overdubbing.

1. Set the Mode Switch to LOOPING REC.
2. Start playing.
3. Step on the right hand footswitch to start recording.
4. Step on the left hand footswitch to stop recording. The loop is
immediately played back when you stop recording.
5. Step on the right hand footswitch again if you want to overdub without
erasing the previous recording.
6. Step on the left hand footswitch to stop overdubbing. The loop will
continue being played back.

Repeat 5&6 as many times as you like to build up a multi-layered loop.

* To delete _all_ of the overdubbed phrases, step on the right hand
footswitch again while overdubbing.

* To stop playback of the loop, step on the left hand footswitch again. If
you want to play the loop again later, step on the left hand footswitch
again (while playing, you can even overdub again if you want by repeating
5&6).

Note:
- If your first recording is longer than 11.9 seconds, you cannot overdub a
second track (pressing the right hand footswitch will have no effect).
- When you make your first recording, the right hand LED will start
flashing at 8.9 seconds to warn you that the 11.9 second limit for
overdubbing is almost reached. When your first recording goes over 11.9
seconds, the right hand LED will start flashing again at 20.8 seconds to
warn you that the 23.8 second time limit is almost reached.

That's all there is to it. It's really a very simple interface, and it
takes less time to figure out than it did to type.

Good luck,

Tim