Re: CD manufacture (OT)

----- Original Message -----
> I just skimmed through the Discmakers site and the only sort of store
> placement offer I saw mentioned was a free signup with amazon.com's
> Amazon Advantage, which ANYONE can sign up for, so long as they have a
> bar code (though it's true that Discmakers does offer this service for
> free.  I don't know how much Amazon Advantage costs for non-Discmakers
> people).

Amazon Advantage is free to sign up and is worthwhile for anyone without
Distribution.  They take a much bigger cut from advantage participants than
they do with albums they get from distributors.

Discmakers makes their money off volume business.  This might be a good
thing if you're buying toilet paper, but it's not such a good thing when
you're producing an album.  Discmakers has good prices, but you can
probably
come close to that with a local pressing agent who can help gaurentee a
higher quality release and will spend more time educating you to the
process.

    Kevin

Unit Circle Media
http://www.unitcircle.com