Re: Updates to my MP3.com page

----- Original Message -----
From: <KILLINFO@aol.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 30, 2000 7:57 PM
Subject: Re: Updates to my MP3.com page

Ted,

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier, I was out of town for a week...

> Nope. I'd love an Eventide device but they are much beyond my budget.
> I've got quite a lot of stuff but it's been aquired over a long period of
> time (not all at once). Buying even a low-end Eventide would problay be
> a quick way of winding up in divorce court.

<g> yeah, I know how that goes, but in my present situation, I don't really
have that standing in my way... I am still killing myself over getting (or
not) Eventide DSP7000 - a used one, that is. I considered *many* different
setup scenarios, but always hit the wall, before I reach my vision of the
sound i have in my head. BTW, your Reverse Logic is a real joy to listen
to... :-)

> My signal chain starts with a Duncan equipped Gibson RD Artist guitar
> with a Roland GK-2A hex-pickup connecting me to my trusty old Roland
> GR-1 guitar synth. From there it goes to an ART SGE-2000 Express,
> Big Briar Moogerfooger, a pair of Boss RPS-10 pitch shifter delays,
> 2 Lexicon Vortexes, an Alesis Microverb III, Emu Proteus III, Rocktron
> 12-channel mixer and 2 Oberheim Echoplex Digital Pros. I also use a
> little Akai S-20 phrase sampler to play various stored ambient or
> rhythmic samples*. Along with a Marshall 8008 power amp this more or
> less fills my 12-space rack. I play in stereo through 2 pairs of Seymour
> Duncan 1x12 cabs. I play fingerstyle with Ernie Ball metal finger picks
> and sometimes with as many as 2 ebows.
...snip
> Boy that looks like a boatload when you list it all out like that.
>
> Anywho, I hope that was helpful. Now it's your turn...
...snip

Well, I cannot speak about the way I'm routing the *guitar* signal, because
I didn't get there, yet (and I have a bad feeling that I never will...
:o) ). In a way, I am envious that you have this figured out and that it
works for you so well, judging from your mp3s I've listened to. So the only
things I can speak of is what I've got so far in terms of the equipment:
Fernandes Dragonfly Deluxe  w/Sustainer, Takamine C128 classical w/nylon
strings, and no-name classical w/steel strings. For synths and samples I
have two PC computers. One has two Pulsar I cards and Lexicon Core32 (2x
PCM90 reverbs on board) w/LDI-12T interface, the other one is a dedicated
Gigastudio and a second Lexicon Core32 w/LDI-12T interface. The third
computer is used for controlling the other two via MIDI, and for recording
in Cakewalk Pro Audio 9. The rack-mounted gear is Digitech 2120 w/C1,
Behringer Ultramizer Pro, Ultralink Pro, Denoiser, and UltraCurve 8024.
Peavey MidiMaster for MIDI routing. In the rack is also Rockman Sustainor,
Rockman MIDI Octopus for switching stuff on and off from Cakewalk sequencer
and/or ART X-15, and for an external compression I have JoeMeek C2. A
keyboard controller for the Pulsar synths is Studiologic SL-161, and for
monitoring I use a pair of Event 20/20bas. To keep the noise from computers
away, while recording acoustic guitar with a pair of Oktava MC 012, I have
all three computers downstairs, mix the signal from synths and recorded
tracks in Cakewalk box through Behringer MX1604A mixer, and run upstairs
with a pair of balanced cables to Mackie 1402VLZ, into which I also run the
signal from the rack-mounted gear. The outs from the Mackie go back
downstairs into the Cakewalk box, for the final mutilation. :-)
Whew, all this and I'm still not happy... hehe Perhaps the Big Bang  will
happen when the pain of not having Eventide DSP7000 grows to be greater
than
the financial pain of having one, and it's getting pretty darn close. BTW,
if you know someone who would like to unload that beast, please let me
know.

Best regards,

Jara