OT: Midi in Win2k

Hi all-

I have been tempted to run Windows 2000 native but for all the banter I hear about midi issues- currently I am dual boot and almost never use Win2k anymore although I like it much better than Win98- I use Gigasampler, Reaktor, Cubase etc.

I read on the Steinberg site that if you use a midi interface using Windows WDM drivers you should be ok- does anyone know more about this topic? Apparently the MidiMan USB Midisport and the Steinberg midi interface both use these drivers- actually I just found this on their site- http://www.steinberg.net/products/ae/hardware/midex8/index.phtml?sid=01020305 looks interesting- and also their original info on the issue- http://service.steinberg.net/knowledge.nsf/SearchReturnViewE/8D0F16432B32B4A0C12568A400597413?OpenDocument

In any event, I am still screwed until MOTU releases Win2k drivers which they have been dragging their feet on for some time as I understand it- hopefully I can meet them at Namm and get the inside scoop-

Cliff