Re: Responding to "gig spam"

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, rich wrote:

> This is an interesting thread, i think, in that we are collectively
> defining some boundaries.  How harsh should one be in critiquing a
> fellow Looper?  Should we be soft, because we might hurt their
> feelings?  Hurt their career?
>
> Or should we be blatantly honest, since they did advertise here, and
> encouraged to come to the show and give our opinions?

But why make derogatory and negative opinions public? It serves no useful
purpose and it is divisive. You might not enjoy a particular gig or album
but don't rant about how it "sucks" or is "worthless"..I can't see any
good out of language like that. Just say you didn't enjoy it and move
forward.

--
travis salisbury
http://www.illuminetdesign.com