Re: Roland VG8 Guitar system?

Thanks to everyone for all the great information and links on the VG8. It
has all
been very helpful.

I have one outstanding question that is confusing me though. People are
describing this as a Modeling system and not a guitar synth. Does the VG8
"overwrite" the sound of your existing guitar or does is sort of process
it? In
other words I understand you can make it have alternate tunings but are
these
tunings of your actual guitar or of what the VG8 is modeling?

I honestly don't have much need for more "guitar" sounds but the idea of
making
my guitar play "weird" sounds and "track" properly is very intriguing. Can
you
program the VG8 to play strange sounds that are unguitarlike? I listened
to some
of the WAV files on vg8.com and it certainly seems like it but I'm not sure
what's the VG and what's the effects and or original guitar sound.

Thanks again for all the great help!

HELP WANTED PRODUCTIONS - Http://www.voicenet.com/~legion
"Bringing you the best in Organic Electronic music since we started..."

Home of the Unusual Instrument and Recording Gallery with pictures and
info of Tube recorders, Omnichords, weird guitars, Casios, and more.