Re: Any More Info on New BOSS Looping pedal

>In instances when you're not doing the de
rigueur ambient texture stuff, timing presents a problem.

hey!!  I resemble that remark!!

actually, i'm excited about finishing my cd and getting some remarks
from you guys...there are loops all over the damn place, but i feel
like i cheated a bit.  I just hacked into the audio tracks and
started cutting an pasting on my Fostex hard drive recorder.  Not a
terrible amount of real-time loopage...some...just not alot.  acid
without a CRT, i guess, but i'm enjoying the results of my labor.

the timing on my machine consists mostly of midi clock going to the
drum machine and striping a drum pattern onto one track, so i have an
audible pattern to scrub over and find locater points while
assembling the song.   I use these locater points to cut up the other
loops and assemble them on other tracks.  I then assemble the actual
drum track on the sequencer and it will drive the drum machine at
mixdown, (sequencer slaved to recorder) and the original audio
drum/timing track is then either deleted or effected and used in
various parts of the composition.

If i want to do real time looping added onto another track, the drum
machine can be slaved to the recorder, and then the drum machine midi
out can go to the jamman for timing info.

kindof a low brow technique, i guess, but it seems to work pretty
good and i've had few timing issues come up.  i just noticed that if
i am assebling loops to the original drum/timing track, often i will
copy a loop, and then set new end locater points so that that
two-loop section is now 'one' loop and then i'll duplicate that, then
do the same exercise to make that four-loop section 'one' loop.
basically slowly building up the chunks so any minor timing
discrepancies were minimized as i keep expanding the track.  does
that make sense?

does adding midi sych add a whole new layer of complexity/price to a
looper (engineering wise)?  We are getting a load of cool new toys on
the market right now, but few of them synch to midi....whassup with
that?

best regards,

rich