Re: Any More Info on New BOSS Looping pedal

>>In instances when you're not doing the de
>rigueur ambient texture stuff, timing presents a problem.
>
>hey!!  I resemble that remark!!
>
>actually, i'm excited about finishing my cd and getting some remarks
>from you guys...there are loops all over the damn place, but i feel
>like i cheated a bit.  I just hacked into the audio tracks and
>started cutting an pasting on my Fostex hard drive recorder.  Not a
>terrible amount of real-time loopage...some...just not alot.  acid
>without a CRT, i guess, but i'm enjoying the results of my labor.

I'm sorry, Rich, you're not making REAL looping music. The loop-police will
be by to revoke your looping license ASAP.

Just joking, actually, I'd love to hear your CD, wanna trade? Your process
sounds like it was a lot of fun, and it'd be interesting to hear the
results now that I know the process!

I kind of hesitate to call my new CD looping music as well, though it's the
loopiest thing I've ever done. There's some real-time looping, a bit of
"accidental" looping, one honest-to-god analog tape loop, analog sequencer
loops, digital sequencer loops, drum loops, feedback loops galore and a
whole lotta computer-based looping, but I'm not exactly comfortable with
the idea of "looping music" as a genre. I'm not all that comfortable with
the idea of genres in general. Nor am I that fond of Generals, in
general....

Looping is a technique, and there's a million different ways to do it. If,
as you say, you're enjoying the results, and the music is saying what you
wanted to say, who cares how you did it.

Anyway, e-mail me your address, and I'll send you a copy of my disc. Same
goes for anybody else who wants to trade tunes.

Dave Trenkel : improv@peak.org
New & Improv Media
http://www.newandimprov.com
Now available: Admiral Twinkle Devil: Wabi Dub