Re: conceptions of time

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Rick Walker (Loop.pooL) wrote:

> It would be cool to start a little thread on how we concieve of time in
>our
> looping efforts.   I tell all of my students that a digital looper is the
> best thing you could ever do for your mastery of timing in rhythmic
>playing.

I usually play with delay before the loop and I usually time myself with
that. Or when I'm doing very washy seamless beds of sound, I time myself
with the texture of the sound, I've never heard Mr. Lawson play but I can
totally understand how he approaches looping and I approach it similiarly,
but with less success. ;-)

I do agree that a real-time looping device is an *excellent* way to
develop your timing skills, especially if you are working on polyrhythms.

--
travis salisbury
http://www.illuminetdesign.com