Bring me up to speed

Hey,
I am new to the looping concept. I heard a great vocal performance
using the JamMan on stage  -- the building of an improv
accompaniment and then his vocal over that. It got me thinking about
my own vocal style and how much fun it would be to sound-style this
way.

two questions now, more later:

1.  Where can I get a used JamMan or something comparable in length
of loop and number of tracks?  Is there a post for used equip?

2.   What peripheral equipment do I need with it? I have a Fender
4-channel PA and mic. What else do I need?

I lied, there are 4 questions there.....Have patience with
me.........I am a neophyte.

Shara