Re: animal intentions and random 'looping' in nature

There are species of frogs in marshes that adapt the rhythm of their calls
to be "off-beat" from those of other frogs, sometimes even of the same
species, so that they will stand out and hence, be more conspicuous to
potential mates. Maybe they're not composing phase pieces exactly (I wonder
how Steve Reich would feel), but certainly that's a kind of performance,
right?
It's great to read about others who take time out to listen to the rhythms
of nature and draw inspiration from them . This is where most of my ideas
come from, just things like this I notice in daily life. Hats off to all
the
other "deep listeners" out there:

cheers

Jon