Abstract Acapella Looping/Electronic Festival in the planning stages for early spring

Jimmy George wrote:
hello shara. i have used the boomerang for looping vocals for 6 years
now.

Very interesting the synchronicity of this thread.
Just yesterday, I put into motion the first actions to try and create and
Abstract Acapella Looping/Electronic Processing (no 'song's or typical pop
forms of music, i.e., jazz, rock, r&B, soul, hip hop, rap, country or
Scottish Hagis songs---the festival will follow some time in the distant
future)show as a follow up to our successful
Solo Bass Looping Festival.    I'd love to hear yours and anyone else's
work
for potential inclusion in this show.

    As always, the monetary disclaimer has to proceed first:   All artists
donate their performances,
I get rich off of the soundtrack recording (absolutely just kidding!!!),
the
Rio Theatre is donated, the Sound and Lights are donated and the show is
free to the public.   I recieved a $5 donation from one person and sold two
CDs at $20 and still lost $10 or so on the postering ;-) and put about
twenty hours worth of unpaid work into the Bass Solo show just to rest
everybody's minds about those kinds of considerations.

If, however it is not feasible to come to Santa Cruz, I would love to play
an individual Acapella cut of yours during the setup transitions and
introduce you, formally to the audience.  Send me a short bio and photo if
you have them.  If you want to send me a couple of CDs, I'd be happy to
sell
them for $5, $10,$15 or $20 dollar increments.  Go higher in price if you
are sending in from out of the United States so that we can cover our
mailing costs.  I always seem to talk the local D.J.s into interviewing me
for these shows so I would love to
play the best cuts on air.

Yours,   Rick Walker (loop.pool)