Re: animal intentions and random 'looping' in nature

>On Sat, 27 Jan 2001, Rick Walker (Loop.pooL) wrote:
>

>>       I just am in love with how the random becomes rhythmical to our
>>  perceptions.    I personally love to set up to loops that are at
>randomly
>>  different speeds and let them interact.
>
>If we can pick patterns out of what *seems* random than maybe it isn't
>random., maybe there are patterns to everything in nature but it is at a
>macro level and it takes close and attentive examination to pick these
>patterns out...??
>
>perception is a fascinating subject.

definitally!
I earlier discribed experiences with "random" instruments and with
rain drop rhythms that made me believe that we interact in some way
with material so either the material really adapts to our "musical
intention" (without physically touching it) or perception really does
not respect what happens in "physical" world.
Thats why I liked Davids view that the listener is capable to turn a
sonic event into music.
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org