Do i need a Sampler?

Hello folks!

First I have to say, that I am new and that I am a drummer, not a real Audio-Looping-Session-Master! :o)

I want to use drum-loops and audio-sequences (recorded or created on the computer -> WAV-Files) in the live-situation with my band while playing the drums. Is it possible, to trigger the certain loops or sequences by hitting a drum-pad? What equipment would be best for me (Phrase Sampler??, not too expensive).

Thanx a lot, Christoph ;o)