OT: Laptop Soundcards Query for loopbased music

Hi to all- I've been lurking around for quite a while so I might be a
little
abashed for my first (i think) post to be pretty OT. That said, following
the potential possibilities of PC's/and or laptops for live/studio loop or
non-loop based music thread, can anyone reccomend a good laptop soundcard?
I've been processing my loops (dissonant/abstract and often "ethnic"
oriented- I happen to be living in Cairo, Egypt at the moment) and such
with
Cubase, Wavelab, AcidPro, a Kaoss Pad and a DL 4 (glad I'll have till I
get
back to the states to start really lusting after the enigmatic repeater or
EDP), along with the sounds of Cairo with a portable MD recorder and a set
of binaural mics, on a Toshiba laptop but the built-in windows soundcard
thing gives me a kind of "me and me loops riding on a donkey cart as a
superjet flys overhead" kind of feeling you know? ;)

Also, has anyone one on list had a lot of experience incorporating a
laptop
into live shows? I've never actually attempted to do this before. I've
seen
the likes of Jim O'Rourke and Richard D. James sitting or laying down by
the
dancing bears, respectively, with trusty laptops in hand,  but was kind of
hoping for some (at least a little) more detailed kind of info, on the
logistics and the experience in general, if possible. Hmm, its not so bad
out of the lurk-cave. At the risk of sounding like I'm giving a
"shout-out"
or something, this is a wonderfully intelligent, all things "sophmoria"
absent, eclectic list.
Ok- Thanks, j.