Re: Vortex noisy?

Check the unit with headphones. Make sure you are using shielded cables.
Try plugging your gear into another outlet. Is it rack mounted? If so,
pull the unit out of the rack and try it again. These ideas should start
you out. If you continue to have noise issues, you could have a bad
volume control or a bad op-amp. Hope this helps!

Be Well

Will Brake
www.soul-fruit.com

Noah McGee wrote:

> got a vortex a few months ago and found that it was super noisy... major
> hiss whether bypassed or not.  is this a common problem?  Any other
> lexicon stuff i've used is very quiet.  Is it just my unit?  is there a
> way to remedy this?
>
> so far i haven't been disappointed with the possibilities of the vortex
> (although i feel like it's going to take an eternity fiddling with the
> thing to find optimal settings... that's sort of the fun of it though),
> but it's so noisy its almost not worth it...
>
> any ideas?
>
> noah
>
>   "I lost my shape trying to act casual."
>                                 -Byrne
>
>   "Singular and Particular Detail is the Foundation of the Sublime"
>                                 -Blake
begin:vcard
n:Brake;Will
tel;work:248-583-1856
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http//www.soul-fruit.com
org:Soul Fruit
adr:;;2900 Rochester Road;Royal Oak;Michigan;48073;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:wbrake@home.com
title:Owner
fn:Will Brake