From: Loopers-Delight-d-request@loopers-delight.com
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 10:50:35 -0500
To: Loopers-Delight-d@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V01 #152

Isn't it possible that the same old "they'll steal from us!" credo was put
into effect, such that perhaps if the unit was capable of only recording 68
minutes, but had CD-quality sound, it wouldn't be allowed into the US
(according to all-too-familiar RIAA scare tactics used in the past on every
other recording medium introduced since the Compact Cassette)?  Perhaps Sony
blanched and actually believed their paranoid rantings, not thinking that
       anyone in the US would jump to their defence.