Re: fretless looping guitars

on 3/15/01 5:23 PM, Paolo Valladolid at phv40@hotmail.com wrote:

> I have a Fernandes Native Pro Fretless, which comes standard with
>Sustainer.
> I have found that the Sustainer takes a little longer to activate the top
> E string (a .009) than the other strings.
>
> To be honest, it's been sitting in its case ever since I took up the
>viola.
> Otherwise, by now I would have replaced the strings with a set of .011s
>and
> kept bugging Fernandes and Fretlessguitar.com about the promised glass
> fingerboard add-on option.
>
> Paolo

I have never tried a glass fingerboard, does it give a colder, sharper
sound? I quite like the wooden sound of the hardwood fingerboard.
As for the strings I believe thicker ones should give more "body" to the
sound.

Roberto
Roberto Battista
http://www.robat.scl.net
http://www.robat.scl.net/lectures/index.shtm
Tel. 0044 020 8449 1995
Mobile 0775 960 4344
http://www.rustyrobot.com
independent on-line music distribution,
the music you can't find elsewhere,
contemporary classical, eclectic, world...
http://www.robat.scl.net/html/tibet/tibet.shtm
an exciting project on technology applied to
mobile education for developing countries and
remote locations...