Re: hello

>Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 09:47:34 -0800
>From: Kim Flint <kflint@loopers-delight.com>

>the boss lists for $400, so it is not a very small fraction of the price.
>Certainly it costs a lot more than a dl-4.

Well, that is "list."  To be fair, Musician's Friend already has the RC-20
priced down to $299, so it's not really much different in price than the
DL-4, which is "listed" at $349.99 and selling there for $249.99.  Plus,
it's unclear yet as to whether or not the RC-20 will come with a power
supply, unlike the DL-4.

>I'm curious, what functionality of the rc-20 makes you think it is better
>than the boomerang? (aside from the fact that it is not shipping and
>therefore must be perfect. :-)    From the demo I saw at NAMM, I had a
>tough time understanding why anybody would choose the boss over the
>boomerang or the dl-4. what do you see about it that you like?

I saw the RC-20 demoed at NAMM as well and I'd agree.  I'd rather have the
DL-4 any day.  Even if the RC-20 were *cheaper*, rather than a tad bit
more
expensive.

Now, if it were a $50 pedal, I might reconsider.

--Jason

    "Only the few know the sweetness of the twisted apples."
                      - Sherwood Anderson