Re: droning questions

It is accurate... The drone strings are under the frets and yes the frets
are in a "D" shape.. They also can be move on the board so you can chose
the
intervals you want.

Abe Wechter, John McLaughlin's luthier, did 2 hybrid accoustic guitars
(with
scalloped fingerboards and sympathetic drones).. You can take a simple
accoustic guitar and scallop it and put drone strings like McLaughlin (it
creates more tension).. I don't know if Wechter is still alive though... I
think he passed away a couple of years ago...

I know that Bob Cohen have an electric sitar  (French canadian guitarist)
but I don't know the manufacturer... Klein did one, go to their website:
www.kleinguitars.com