OT: Steve Reich (music for 18...)

Hello, I have this question: I have seen on the
Internet 2 versions of "Music for 18 musicians" by
Steve Reich, one is from the 70´s with "the modern
ensemble" and the other is for the record label
"Nonesuch" and acoording to them this one was recorded
in ´97, wich version is better if in fact they are
different versions?, I would like to hear any comments
on this ´cause I´m planning to buy that record.
Thanks.
Alx.