April 12th, Yuri's Night-The World Space Party, The LA Party!!!

Slightly off-topic, but some of you in the LA area might be interested in this.... -C

<http://www.yurisnight.net/>www.yurisnight.net

-----Original Message-----
From: Loretta Hidalgo [mailto:loretta@its.caltech.edu]
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2001 9:43 AM
To: so-cal-space
Subject: April 12th, Yuri's Night-The World Space Party, The LA Party!!!

Dear So-Cal Space List,
What follows may be construed as advertising- please delete if you do not wish to receive it. Thank you!
*******************************
when-
April 12, 9PM - 2AM
where-The Palace, Hollywood
The best DJs for techno/house/trance
buy tickets at <http://la.yurisnight.net/>http://la.yurisnight.net/
10$ before April 1st (15$ after/20$ after 10 at the door!)
who-hosted locally and globally by the U.N. Space Generation Forum, International Space University alumni, and local young adult volunteers with the help of Space Frontier Foundation, The Altenklingen Foundation and many others!
********************************

And, for those of you who what all the details: (please pass this on to anyone you think would be interested!

April 12th is the 40th anniversary of Yuri Gagarin becoming the first human in orbit, and, by strange coincidence, the 20th anniversary of the first space shuttle launch.

To celebrate, I (and a bunch of other people) are planning a HUGE space-party ("Yuri's Night") for April 12. This party is one of 44 world-wide parties in 24 countries... see
<http://www.yurisnight.net/>www.yurisnight.net for details. Our aim is to bring space to people in a new way- through the Hollywood dance scene.

Our Los Angeles event will be the biggest celebration in the US. It&rsquo;s at the legendary Hollywood Palace, just across from the Capital Records Building, just above Hollywood and Vine. Some of the biggest DJs in the world will be playing, including D:Fuse, the American tour partner of Paul Oakenfold; DJ Mars, the trance prodigy from San Francisco; as well local favorites like Liza Richardson from KCRW and Tony Watson from Wax Records.

There will also be space heroes, Hollywood celebrities, footage from other parties around the world, the lunar rover from "From the Earth to the Moon" , and the coolest spacesuit-clad go-go dancers you have ever seen!

All proceeds from this event go to space-related charities: Permission to Dream gives telescopes to inner-city kids, and Under African Skies sends space educators to African schools.

Tickets are easy to get: buy online at la.yurisnight.net, or at www.stickytickets.com. Or you can call Sticky Tickets at 1.800.464.2275. If you buy before April 1, tickets are only 10$.

I really hope you can come (and bring other people too)!!! We&rsquo;ve been working hard on this for months and it should truly be a once-in-lifetime, amazingly-fun experience, all for some really great causes.

Please don&rsquo;t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions . . .. you can also check out our websites at: la.yurisnight.net for info on our LA event, including directions to the Palace, T-shirt sales, and ticket details; see <http://www.yurisnight.net>www.yurisnight.net, for info on the global event and the ideas behind it all.

And please forward this on if you know someone who might also be interested.

See you April 12!!!

Loretta Hidalgo
Co-Creator of Yuri's Night- The World Party for Space
<mailto:loretta@yurisnight.net>loretta@yurisnight.net
626 304-9794

PS this also doubles as my birthday party this year. I will be 27 on April 12th.
I hope you all can come- it should be the biggest yet.

(click button to go to the site)

<http://www.yurisnight.net/>www.yurisnight.net