Re: Making an electronic drum pad

yeah, I made my own pads as well, I used the remo tunable head practice
pads for a pretty realistic feel although they do have a good bit of
self noise

the little 4" one makes a great kick drum pad

I looked into making my own hat controller and well,  naaaah
I picked up one of the roland hat controllers on ebay for a very good
deal and it works very well, I think it was @ $75 but hinestly I don't
remember
but it was definately one of those times when the time and energy spent
on DIY didn't warrant the dollars saved
the roland unit works great, check what its currently drawing in the
used market and consider it

peace,  steve