Re: plunderphonic 69/96

At 2:04 PM -0400 5/4/01, David Myers wrote:
>Got my John Oswald extraveganza today, listening now.  Wow!  Don't miss
>this
>one while it lasts.  The RIAA will no doubt do their trip an John and
>buddies Negativland...

Oswald's original intention was to re-release Plunderphonic and
related material from 1969 through 1996 with all clearances duly
obtained. That would have put the price of this set a about US$100.
It appears that he wasn't able to get all the clearances, and that is
ostensibly the reason distribution is through Seeland.  The price has
also been lowered to $33.00.  Interestingly, Amazon lists the set at
$24.97 list price, with an original release date of April 3, 2001,
but is taking pre-orders only.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com