Re: playing w/ dj's

First "rap" tune I ever heard was "The All-American Boy", a talking blues
a rock beat that got played to death on American Bandstand in the late 50s.
The during the Great Folk Music Scare in the early 60s, I found out that
Woody Guthrie had written a number of tunes in that form and that "The
All-American Boy" was part of that tradition.    And Bob Dylan carried it
on.   Hell, Cab Calloway used to rap over his swing band back in the 30s.
Ain't nothin new about talking over dance tracks.   It's an old and
honorable tradition.