re: improv voice loops

Hi Jehn,
    Welcome to the list.  I don't know if you've been here long enough to
have heard about the Festival of Voice + Electronics that I produced in
Santa Cruz last month but we had solo acapella vocal performances,
(including Loopers Delight vet, Simran Gleason from S.F.), by
an opera singer, a classical singer, a death metal singer, a human
beatboxer, several different styles of overtone singing (tuvan and tibetan
and california new age), an overtone choir (nearly destroyed by my errant
vocoder ;-) all being mixed by three Loopers Delight members:  Miko B,
myself and my brother, Bill Walker (a phenomenal electric
guitarist/guitarsynthesist in his own right).  Santa Cruz's own incredible,
John Whooley, then closed the show with a wonderfully inventive performance
of voice, one Dl-4 looper and an expression pedal.   The 'singers' had no
control over what the processors were doing (a whole lot o' loopin' goin'
on) and the processors didn't know what the singers were going to do.  It
produced some very interesting results.  It was a wonderfully creative
evening and I want to do it again, at some point

    Also,I was just rewriting my resume for press releases and I added this
little snippet it to my 'instruments' played category:
" He plays...............blah, blah, woof, woof (sic)..........and has a
fascinating repertoire of unusual and exotic vocal techniques at his
command
(overtone singing, warble singing, trill singing, gutteral singing,
hum-whistling, mouth percussion and effects, beatbox and faux industrial
beatbox,yodelling and pygmy bottle blowing/falsetto singing).

    I do a lot of things besides using voice in my music but I almost
always
include one piece for human voice only in my solo looping shows.
In these shows, I get my audiences to learn how to do very simple overtone
singing for the first time and get someone from the audience to conduct
them, using them as an ambient real time 'loop' for my own improvisation or
I get them to make group shhhhhhhhhhh    sssssssssssss    and chhhhhhhhhhh
sounds at their highest and lowest ranges and
I then loop them and use them in a faux industrial piece (inspired,
originally, by the Aphex Twin remix of Nine Inch Nails on Further Down the
Spiral which was the single piece of music that turned me into an
electronica
fanatic after having not touched it for almost twenty years----a lot of
steam
pressure noises and other noise bursts in that piece).
    What kinds of things are you into?

Good luck,   yours,  Rick Walker (loop.pool)