Re: buying a headrush online?

The Akai is cheap but it has very limited uses as a looper.

The DL-4 has much more live tweaking potential.
The knobs do different things depending on the mode. In loop mode they
control a delay line that feeds into the looper (c.750ms).
Using the buttons you can control playback direction (forward or reverse)
and speed (normal or 1/2) it will also record/overdub at 1/2 speed or
backwards so you can make complex loops using different speeds and
directions.
You can assign the optional expression pedal to control any or all of the
knobs on the front panel (except the model selector) you set two values for
each knob and the pedal sweeps between them. I use this to control the
delay
time of the pre-loop delay while I'm playing.

The delay models are cool too, you can get some of the models to howl with
feedback or get very weird textures from the reverse delays.

The Line 6 is a great unit for the $, on bang for the buck it's way better
than the Akai (it's sounds better too, 24 bit and true bypass when not
switched in).
The headrush has no tweakability, it's basically a sample playback device
with o/dubbing and no realtime control (even the parameters you can adjust
have noticeable zipper noise).

Martin Shellard