Re: Repeater?EDP?Boss?

>From: AALev123@aol.com
>To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
>Subject: Re: Repeater?EDP?Boss?
>Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 11:59:57 EDT
>
>Nick
>  I am in the same situation except I have the boss rc-20.  I am going to
>return it and I am now deciding between the echoplex, repeater and
>boomerang.
>I play guitar and would like to use whatever I end up getting for live
>playing. The RC-20 can save loops after power down , I do not think the
>echoplex r boomerang do this. It appears that the repeater saves to a
>memory
>card of some type. Can you be a little more specific about the
>limitations
>of
>the boomerang? Also, you should check the archives of this list, there
>have
>been a lot of ongoing discussion about this same topic.

Thanks for responding-
The Bommerang is a fantastic on the fly unit. In my opinion, it is great
for
creative performance/improv. I have had some problems with noise when
recording, and to me this is no small negative.
The boomerang doesn't save anything after power down, and can only save
two
loops at a time when in use. I love using the boomerang for what I
mentioned, but when I get a real great loop after much improv, even if I
can
retrace the process, I seldom come close to regaining what I had. This can
be a problem when playing with others. The rang also has zero undo, so one
slip up and you're fried.
I think the echoplex can at the very least sync up with a computer to
relieve itself of onboard loops. With its midi function, it would be easy
sync it up and dump some loops back in before a performance.
After having used th rang quite a bit, I can say it is really great, but
me it isn't in the same class as the echoplex or repeater(I think). I'll
keep it in my rig always, but it is almost more like a pedal to me.I want
something I can really edit, and use with my computer. By the way, I'm a
guitarist.
What's wrong with the Boss?