From:  jim palmer <jimp@pobox.com>
To:  Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject:  Re: Looping Drummers?
Date:  Thu, 21 Jun 2001 09:59:29 -0500

i can't really call myself a drummer,
but i have been looping congas a bit.
haven't tried it live, though...
i have had a bit of trouble with monitoring.
the conga mics are pointed downward and the monitors
are pointing upward.  and though i have been able to
get rid of microphonic squeeling feedback by keeping
them off axis, the looper picks up the monitors when i am
recording or overdubbing.  how are you guys dealing with this?
i'm thinking in-ear monitors might be a good solution,
but i haven't tried them yet.