RE: OT: why musicians can't eat -- and why radio is so bad

Title: RE: OT: why musicians can't eat -- and why radio is so bad

(Oh how I love Ameoba Records in Berkeley!
Huge experimental section!)

** an amoeba will be opening in hollywood ,ca, this fall.

I loved
Radiohead's Kid A album, but I've never heard a cut from that album on the
radio.

** kroq in l.a. played one song and continues to play it.

A review I read said it was horrible.  Will they try and release
another more experimental album?

** amnesia got a lot of nice press here . . . the "warmer side of kid a" blah, blah blah. maybe that just means that the crit caught up to it a little.

I hope so.  The fact that Beck albums make
it into the top 40 leads me to believe that people will buy stuff that's more
"out there" if they're aware of it.

** or bjork, for that matter.

stig