From: Mark
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Sp-202 loop pop
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 20:55:33 -0700
yeah, what your getting is a pop due to a sudden change in frequency because
you've cut a waveform at a point where it isn't at "zero" This is called the
zerocrossing point. You're probably better off sampling it into a computer
and using a decent audio editor to either fix the loop in and out points, or
do a very quick fade to nothing at the begining and end of the loop. Then,
use a smart media reader/writer to put it on the Flash card that goes into
the 202. I have the 303, but I imagine the 202 works pretty similarly.
Another way of doing it is to use the fine loop length control to try and get
at a point where the sound is at "zero" There should be specific
instructions in your manual.
Mark
(sine@zerocrossing.net ha ha)