Re: Basic intro (OT)

On Wed, 15 Aug 2001 20:50:24 -0400, Tim Nelson <tcn62@ici.net> wrote:

>At 12:19 PM 8/15/01 -0700, you wrote:
>>I tend to think it's more of a generation gap.
>
>Ooh, careful there. The more time I spend on this list the more I'm
>convinced that chronological age has little to do with a willingness to
>embrace new technology

I was thinking in terms of "next generation technology", not the age of
the musician. Those who invested a lot of effort in the piano were
annoyed by the next-generation technology of analog modular synths.
Those who invested a lot of effort in modulars were annoyed by the
all-in-one variety. Those who invested a lot of effort in analog were
annoyed by digital. And so on, and so forth.