Re: Best Repeater Deals

We come upon the old question of price fixing, which is illegal.  Electrix
may
be able to stipulate an advertised price, but legally it can't say anything
about what the dealer actually sells it for.  Frankly, I think the problem
lies
with the big volume discounts.  Notice that you NEVER see Peavy gear blown
out
at Musician's friend.  I'm not even sure if they deal it.  It's because
Peavy
refuses to play that little game, making the prices the same for mom & pop
stores as it is for huge box movers.  Frankly, I applaud them for this
policy.
It totally makes for a level playing field, giving small stores the
ability to
match price AND offer the personalized service of Musician's Fiend.  Try
talking
to someone at Sam Ash about Repeater features vs. Echoplex, as I did at
Bananas
at Large.  I sure bet it would be a very short conversation.

Mark Sottilaro