Re: S. Morse/Lexicon PrimeTime

Pedro-

I had a Prime Time II, model 95 delay, many years ago. The II was a
successor to the Super I believe, and was very similar with the addition of
longer delay times (up to 7.7 seconds at 8 khz, or 3.84 at 16 khz), a
multi-waveform sweep function (envelope following, sine and square outputs,
the square wave was wonderful as a pitch mangler on long delays), "ducking"
echo ability, and clock output.

The Prime Time II looped nicely, cranking the regneration on either tap
(the Prime Times were two tap delays, with tons of on board mixing
capabilities) to 100% would hoild the sound cleanly for a quite awhile, and
allow overdubbing. Hitting the infinite hold button locked the sound so it
could sustain indefinitely without degradation, while shutting off any
further input to the delay lines.

All in all, it was a very "musical" and nice sounding box, the only
negatives I can remember were that the delay modulation only had a 3 to 1
sweep ratio, rather limited for flanging, etc, and that the Prime Time II
also had a habit of making a loud "pop" in the audio output when you
switched to the 8 khz/long delay setting.

If I found one in good shape, with the memory modules, and relatively
cheap, I'd grab it in a second.

Best-

Mark