Re: Repeater noise problem

cameron street wrote :

> Yep. i know the noise u mean, i was to scaird to
> mention it on here, i could get thrown off the list, haaa.
> The repeater seems to be noisier than the headrush
> to me. I was quite shocked at the noise.
> I've only had the thing for 8 hours. I've balanced all the
> gain structures, but it's still got a hiss. I tried taking
> the thing out, and it's silent. I'm quite pissed off.
> I have it on loan for a week, let's see how i go
> this time next week.          cam

Would it be because of the codecs used in Repeater ?
I know sometimes might happen some aliasing effects between different
converter
components.
I mean if you sample an analog signal coming out from a previous digital
equipment into another digital recorder, sometimes anti-aliasing filters
are not
so perfect and different sampling rates make some hiss due to the
difference of
frequencies ...
Emmanuel