RE: Using a Looper with a mixer

>Sure sounds like the best way to accomplish something like this for a
>live musician is to use something like the Switchblade that someone else
>mentioned.  I guess for testing purposes, I could use a patchbay to
>change routings around.
>
>As far as looping and effects go and what I am trying to personally
>create ...
>
>I am a wind player (Sax, EWI, WX5).  One type of musical structure that
>I am trying to create is to lay down what I have seen mentioned (or read
>in the archives) called a sound carpet and then play another instrument
>over the top.  For example, there is a Celtic group called IONA who
>creates songs that contain fairly complex washes of sound where and then
>other instruments such as Uilean pipes, whistles, etc. play the melody
>over the top.  For my contribution to a group, I would like to create
>these types of sounds and it appears to me that looping is the best way
>to do it (except maybe to cue everything up with a sequencer and play it
>at the proper times).  I think with looping, I will be able to create
>these things on the fly (I hope).

You can certainly do this live!

I'd not recommend the Switchblade... a splendid piece of kit but
expensive.  I have a ProMix 01V, <$1600 US, 16/24 inputs, 4 sends,
2 internal effects units, 40 compressors(!), 4 band parametric EQ
on all inputs... and it's a fully digital mixer so you can
just send a program change and have all the routing change in an
instant!

(I'm a WX-7 player myself so...)

        /t

<http://ax.to/fortune>.........a new fortune every minute.