Re: Yet another beginner..

--- lance glover <baumhaus@earthlink.net> wrote:
> prompted. my advise: start modest, simple, and put
> yourself into it. you can
> always add more complexity once you've established
> some directions. become very
> familiar with basic tools- use them deeply, and they
> will become your friends.
> owning rack upon rack of exotic gear might look
> impressive, but unless the person
> using it is fully engaged, it's all fluff.

Lance, I think you've hit the nail on the head here.
I can't count how many time I have used the excuse "If
I only had X, Y, and Z...then I would be able to
create some great music."

Instead of worrying about the limitations of our gear,
we should be fully exploiting them!  Thanks for
"bringing it home."

Matt

=====
www.mp3.com/kingnever