Re: the power of limits

Well, I've got to say that I feel that it's more a balance game.  To say
that "If only I had..." and let that keep you from making music is
basically procrastination.  On the other hand, my JamMan allowed me to
make a type of music that I wanted to make, but did not have the tool to
do it effectively.  Same thing goes for my computer.  I made music on a
four track cassette deck, but it was often a strain to get what I wanted,
and always a compromise
with quality.  Was it wrong for me to lust after a decent hard drive
recorder?  I don't think so.  Also, for me a big part of music comes from
the exploration of technology.  Always has.  My first record purchase was
the Beatles Magical Mystery Tour.  My favorite cut?  I Am The Walrus.  My
$60 electric guitar did not allow me to make sounds like that, so I
dreamed, and slowly it became reality.  There's nothing wrong with wanting
more colors in your
palette, unless it keeps you from doing anything.

Mark