No loop end transition on Repeater? (was Looping pads and ambient sounds)

> With the JamMan and the Repeater, I have to "prime" the loop, by
basically
> recording a blank loop first, then putting the loop back in record.

*** Are you saying that with the Repeater you cannot end the loop
without going directly into overdub, in some way?  Having to make a
blank loop first -- this I would consider a SERIOUS flaw at a looper.
With my EDP I end the loop with overdub (smooth transitions) all the
time.  Making a blank loop would be a big obstacle in free improvs.
If Repeater should not be able to do this, I would most likely not
consider buing it and would get another EDP instead.

petr