Re: Looping pads and ambient sounds / likely repeater correction

kflint@loopers-delight.com writes:

>I think you should go check this, cause my Repeaters definitely do not
>work
>this way!
will do;
tomorrow evening. (i lent the thing to a friend.....)
i clearly remember using the box that way, w/beta SW:
i think!

>What you are saying to do just ends record, but does not leave
>overdub on. You have to press record again for overdub to come on.
again; i'm pretty sure that betaSW allowed this.
will find out.
damon?
jamie?

<snip>
>So when you are Overdubbing,
>the Record button is lit up same as when you are initially recording the
>loop.
yes.

<snip>

>In fact, you can't even go into overdub very quickly with a quick second
>press of Record. If you press Record again quickly after you finish
>recording a loop the display shows "NOT READY" !!!  Not ready? not ready
>for what? Anyway, you will wait a good second before that display goes
>off
>and then you can push Record again to get Overdub to come on.
>And no, it
>doesn't remember that you already told it to go into overdub and just do
>that when it is finally ready, you have to press it again. So if you push
>it too early you are going to get a big gap while you wait for this
>display
>to clear plus however much longer after that your reaction time is to
>press
>the record button again.
>How long does Repeater need after it records a loop before it is ready
>do an Overdub?  I'm not doing video game button presses here, I'm double
>pressing Record about half the speed I double click a mouse, and still
>get
>"not readies" sometimes. Is it one beat? some absolute amount of time?
no idea..... i don't recall seeing this 'not ready' msg.....

<snip>

>It also does this "not ready" thing when you are in play and try to jump
>in
>and out of overdub quickly several times in a row. This is a technique
>like a lot.
me, too.
w/'record/replace' (as opposed to 'overdub'), as well.

>Have a sustained sound, then do quick rhythmic taps of overdub
>so that you get quick little rhythmic stabs of the sound in the loop.
>get
>the not-readies when I try to do that on repeater, bummer.
>The nature of overdubbing is such that you don't hear the overdub until
>the
>loop repeats, obviously. So if you are not looking at the Repeater when
>you
>try to use Overdubbing and it is giving you "not ready", you won't even
>know. What you think is getting overdubbed will be lost. So forget about
>looking at your instrument, or making big-emotional-moment facial
>expressions, or making eyes at that cute chick in the second row while
>you
>do all your cool stage moves.
well, it's certain that i haven't developed any cool stage moves, yet.....

<snip>
i will indeed fire the beast up again, tomorrow evening.
meanwhile, k:
is there anything ya like about the unit, at this juncture?
dt / s-c