Re: Repeater: Persistent Problems with Sync

  I bought the repeater with the intention of syncing it to other MIDI
rhythmic sound
making devices, and it just isn't working for me.

Try this experiment to make it obvious:
  Slave a drum machine to Repeater MIDI out.

  Program a continuos pattern of sixteenth notes with some simple short
sound like a rim shot,
and no other sound. Set a slow tempo on Repeater.

  When first booted up, the Repeater seems to send a nice steady MIDI
clock and the slaved
drum machine sounds fine at any tempo from Repeater.

  After *any* Play or Record operation on the Repeater, even of a silent
loop or one of
the Factory Demo loops off the card, I hear the slaved drum machine
hesitating at *every*
fourth sixteenth note. A small amount to be sure, but enough to make it
musically useless
to my ear.

  Using Repeater as a stand alone device seems to work well and is *lots*
of fun, but
that's not what I bought it for.  If I can't get it to sync very tightly
with other MIDI
clocked gear, I'm afraid it's going to become a door stop in my world.
--
                     ****        What's Charles Up to?      ****
                         http://www.voicenet.com/~ccohen

            (on Yahoo and AOL messengers as  beepsandboops)