Re: OT - 9-11-01 -- looping prayers

its funny you should mention that... back in 1982 i discovered what i call
'perpetual music' where i would create loops of various lengths and let
them run against each other. this provided for an ultimately infinitely
long sonic landscape piece. some of these i recorded at various lengths.
they are very relaxing!

back then i used *tap* echoplexes (remember tape?), analogue sequencers
and
DDL's. I would set up loops on all these things and then mix them and
leave
them be to play away.

my last perpetual music piece was done in around 1992 where i recorded a
number of ambient synth tracks on a midi sequencer without listening to
the
previous tracks as i recorded a new track. then i played them all back
together, looped at their different lengths and then wrote out a set of
midi mix tracks that were also asynchronized. when it played back the
tracks would snake and mix around each other and provide a very cool and
relaxing sonic landscape.

i was going to try the same thing with the repeater although you can't get
that asynch thing happening.

plexus