Re: Line6 Echo Pro

>  > Thanks Eric for the skinny on this box.   I was so horny to buy
>one and your
>>  research just nipped my plans in the bud..............thanks, you just
>saved
>>  me 500 clams:
>>

>>  no sync capabilities and no stereo looping?   what are these people
>thinking
>  > about?

I'll have to agree to this 100%.  The DL4 is a super fun box, but
with serious limitations if you are doing anything involving sync.
When i saw the ads for the Echo Pro, i was floored..."oh yeah, here
it is!  All the fun of my little green 4-button box with sync,
presets, and 60 seconds of looping!"

Thanks for saving me some cash, too.  although i must admit i spent
some already on a MoFx off of ebay.

Line6 seems to be on a predictable track here...taking their
technology they've already done the R+D on...and encasing it in a
rack mounted box, adding a few bells and whistles, and calling it
"Pro".

they're new amp looks mighty sweet though, if you want to cough up
$2000 for the amp and footpedal.

As far as their customer service...I think that has left some of
their customers wanting, as well.  My guess is that they've grown up
so damn fast, they might be struggling to keep that personlized
service.   I do know that emails now posted to support@line6.com used
to be responded to by someone in tech support.  now you get an
automatic response telling you to go to the FAQ section of their
website.

rich