Re: OT: Vocode the band

>since we have the electrix crew here on list and lots of other
>warpfactory users...could a mix pot for the robot pitch be added in
>as a mod somehow?

most likely not. it's probably all dsp from input to output. my only
"gripe"
about the warpfactory is that the bypass is only a dsp bypass ... the
signal
still goes through the latency of the converters AND gets munged by the
sampling
rate too. so it's late and lacking in high end.

this isn't an issue for people with enough routing. i'm not worried.

as far as vocoding in a band goes, the most fun I had at the Peoria Pizza
Works
Thursday Night Open Stage (www.mtco.com/~bradshaw) was when we played some
damn
Stones disco tune that had some "Whoo-hoo-uhhoooo" part in it, and i
started
singing (with my telephone handset mic) into the vocoder of my MS2000.

considering the reason they liked having me around was my Hammond organ
(and not
my playing), this was appreciated by the open stage peeps as much as it
was by
me.

Eric Williamson
www.suitandtieguy.com