Kevin replies for the last time on this subject (goodbye for now)

Hi all,

First, I thank all for their posts, both back to the list and privately.

Second, I've decided to leave the list for awhile. I think I'll be back,
but
when I come back, I want to be reasonably certain that we're back to
music-only topics. That last sentence may surprise some of you given my
recent off-topic posts - but please remember that, with the exception of
the
"Food for Thoughts" posts that I sent out, I only responded to the posts of
others. The Food for Thoughts posts were each written by other people and
covered the gamut of emotions and attitudes - I tried to have a little bit
here for everyone - and they were honestly intended to be just what the
subject line indicated - food for thought.

I remember reading a long time ago that real learning only takes place
through struggle. I think we've struggled some on this list this week,
which
leads me to think that possibly some of us have learned something. I know
that in my case I've been reminded that there are always two sides to a
coin, and that there are issues the U.S. faces on the global stage, as the
result of our missteps, that won't be resolved easily or without pain. I
hope others can point to something they have learned as well.

Third, with regard to my Food for Thoughts posts, I've noticed that, even
though each post was a separate comment - in quotes - and with the original
author listed, some of you have incorrectly attributed the verbiage in
these
posts to me, as illustrated in the clip below from a previous email. When
you do so, this is both a disservice to me and to the original writer. It's
a disservice to the original writer because you're unfairly assigning his
or
her work to another. That's not right of course. It's a disservice to me
because the work is not my own, and because I don't even agree with the
thoughts behind all of the posts (as in the example below). The posts were
intended, as noted above, simply to be food for thought and nothing more.

In any event, I wish all of you well for now and hope for blessings on each
of your families.

Kevin