Re: dt harmony-central repeater review

I think the overwhelmingly positive review that David gave was based on a
reaction to an overwhelmingly (and in my opinion, inaccurate) review from
another reader.  He stated this.  If he wasn't responding to that review,
he
probably would have talked about some of the negatives of the Repeater, as
did, but that's speculation.  Anyway, if you read all the reviews, you get
much more clear idea of the possible REALITY. (if there is such a thing)

Many moons ago, I used to sell consumer level audio gear.  People would
come
in with their fresh Consumer Reports and go right to the Pioneer gear.  I'm
not sure how their consumer stuff is now, but in the late 80s it was CRAP.
Really the worst receivers and amps we sold.  Lot's of blinky lights
though.
I'm sure Consumer Reports MUST have been getting paid off by Pioneer.  I
could
almost always show someone a similarly priced (but far lacking in the
blinky
lights dept.) Harmon Kardon version that ALWAYS blew the Pioneer piece
away.
Some would take the Consumer Reports as gospel, and buy Pioneer anyway.

So... who can you trust?  NO ONE!  Well, that's not true.  Buyer beware,
though.  I doesn't hurt to pay attention and check stuff out.  I bought my
Repeater from Rick at Banana's At Large.  He's an EDP owner and seller.  I
could have bought either at that moment.  I had the cash in hand.  Rick
talked
VERY intelligently about looping, and both products.  In two seconds, I
could
tell I was getting good information.  He didn't pressure me at all.  That's
the kind of sales person I like.  Basically, for me, the stereo and non
volatile memory made the Repeater win over the EDP.  I've been a little
disappointed about the lack of a few features in it's current OS, and I
think
I made it clear in my post.  Kim did not decide to publish my review, and
that's fine, he's the editor... he's also the man who writes/wrote the
software for the EDP.  Conflict of interest?  There's the possibility of
it,
but I don't see it.  I was able to duplicate the problems that Kim found
easily.  Was he a bit emotional about the Repeater's problems?  Sure, but
the
EDPs throne is being challenged for it's first time.  The EDP is his baby,
so
of course he'll be emotional, but at least he was accurate.  Electrix has
confirmed that there are indeed bugs in the 1.0 software, and will soon be
releasing a fixed 1.1 OS.  I've been very critical of Electix this whole
time,
and I will continue to be.  Until the next OS is released, I can not say
any
more.

Mark