Repeater, visiting your loop's of yesterday...

So, I invited a friend over who's interested in learning about and
making loop based music.  I started with a basic drum machine lesson.
After a nice beat was recorded, I stopped record mode and hit play... a
loop I had made the night before, that I hadn't erased, started
playing!  (I had inadvertently cued it up)  My old loop was now on a
totally new drum pattern at a new tempo, and there was my good old loop,
synched right up.  Very interesting.  I had never thought of starting a
performance by improvising a loop, and come back to it at a later time
in the performance, placed on top of a new beat.  Maybe add a different
bass line so that the tonal center is different.  The possibilities...
This is not a souped up JamMan.  No sir.

Mark Sottilaro