Re: dt harmony-central repeater review

-----Original Message-----
From: Kim Flint <kflint@loopers-delight.com>
>In the case of the Repeater, I actually own two of them, [snip]

I'm curious as to what application you have that requires two Repeaters.
(An
eight track Repeater?)  Or perhaps you need one in a permanent installation
([home] studio) and one that is mobile?

>[snip]  ...I do think the looping market is really confused about
>what the Repeater is all about. To me that is the main source of
>frustration. After using them both, I find the Repeater and EDP don't have
>very much in common...
[snip]
>Some people seem to have convinced themselves that the Repeater is the
>same
>type of device as the echoplex or jamman or dl-4, etc., and bought it for
>those reasons or as a replacement for those things. They want it to be an
>echoplex/jamman performance-oriented looper with new features added.
>Repeater isn't like that, and when they try to use it that way they get
>very frustrated and have some really negative reactions. People who grok
>Repeater as more of a recording or remix tool based in looping principles
>seem to like it (and don't seem to understand where the negative reactions
>come from). Likewise, people who never understood that the echoplex was
>entirely designed as a live performance instrument and instead tried to
>use
>it as a recording tool have often been frustrated by it as well.

Count me in as one of the confused.  Are you saying that the Repeater is a
studio oriented production tool as opposed to a live performance
do-it-on-the-fly tool?  My experience is with analog and digital delays
and the
Akai Headrush.  I want a live soundscape tool.  I'd like to loop
guitar/sax/voice/whatever in sync with the step sequencers in my Nord
Modular
and any arpeggiators I have running on various keyboards.

Cheers,

Bill